Reports To: Senior Vice President and Chief Medical Officer
Position Type: Hourly, negotiable according to experience and fit; package includes company stock options, as well as tax advantaged employee benefit plans.
Tocagen is a clinical-stage, cancer-selective gene therapy company focused on developing first-in-class, broadly applicable product candidates designed to activate a patient’s immune system against their own cancer from within.
Every member of our team plays a significant role in our success. Tocagen hires individuals who share our passion for ending cancer mortality and have exceptional talent that will contribute to this goal.
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for all administrative functions of the department; dynamic and flexible, with broad experience in general administrative support and legal contracts. The position will require that you are self-motivated, able to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple tasks, quickly learn new techniques, organize tasks efficiently, communicate and collaborate well, and keep records accurately.
Duties and Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To:
- Assists Pharmacovigilance by providing Safety Operations administrative support including compilation and distribution of contact lists; distribution of safety listings and other safety related administrative duties as directed, which is expected to take approximately 40% of allocated time
- Provides administrative support.
- Handles details of a highly confidential and critical nature.
- Prepares presentation materials, agendas and minutes.
- Coordinates domestic and international travel arrangements.
- Coordinates meetings and conference calls.
- Composes letters and memoranda from verbal direction.
- Provides confidential administrative support, including typing, report compilation, expense reports, meeting minute documentation, copying, faxing, filing, mail processing and other clerical functions
- Obtain published articles and other supportive library services.
- Travel locally as needed.
- Performs other duties as required.
Desired Knowledge and Abilities:
- Experience with calendar management, meeting and event planning, preparation of presentations, conference registration, and expense report administration.
- Highly detail-oriented.
- Willing to take direction.
- Operate with considerable independence.
- Flexible and cooperative with strong commitment to team efforts.
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to effectively share information.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excel in a very fast changing and highly entrepreneurial environment.
- Generates enthusiasm and drive for commitment to excellence.
- Possess high work ethic.
- Skills in typing at a proficient rate and strong working knowledge with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Education & Experience:
- Business degree (3+ years of combined college education and work experience may be substituted for a degree).
- Minimum 1-2 years office/administrative experience and 5 years of experience as an administrative assistant (experience supporting executive level management).