Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Position Type: Hourly, negotiable according to experience and fit; package includes company stock options, as well as tax advantaged employee benefit plans.
Tocagen is a clinical-stage, cancer-selective gene therapy company focused on developing first-in-class, broadly applicable product candidates designed to activate a patient’s immune system against their own cancer from within.
Every member of our team plays a significant role in our success. Tocagen hires individuals who share our passion for ending cancer mortality and have exceptional talent that will contribute to this goal.
The Executive Assistant will work directly with C-level executives and will be responsible for performing a number of administrative duties. The Executive Assistant is a highly skilled, self-motivated professional, capable of managing their work load and prioritizing tasks. They must set up clear communication channels, and develop systems and strategies to deal with a fast-paced corporate environment and sometimes unpredictable workload.
Duties and Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To:
- Provides high-level administrative support to Company Executives.
- Handles details of a highly confidential and critical nature.
- Collects and prepares information for use in discussions and meetings of Executive staff, Board of Directors, and outside individuals.
- Prepares presentation materials and agendas for Company Executives.
- Coordinates domestic and international travel arrangements.
- Makes high-level contacts of a sensitive nature inside and outside the company.
- Coordinates meetings and conference calls.
- Composes letters and memoranda from verbal direction or from knowledge of company policy and procedures.
- Provides confidential administrative support to Company Executives, including typing, report compilation, expense reports, meeting minute documentation, copying, faxing, filing, mail processing and other clerical functions.
- Receives and screens telephone calls, mail and visitors for Company Executives. In absence of supervision, exercise judgment in assessing levels of urgency and forwarding to appropriate personnel for handling.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Performs other duties as required.
Desired Knowledge and Abilities:
- Experience with calendar management, meeting and event planning, preparation of presentations, conference registration, and expense report administration.
- Must be detail-oriented and be able to operate with considerable independence.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of company operations, policies and procedures.
- Outstanding word processing, spreadsheet and graphic software skills in Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio.
- Maintain positive, professional relationships with personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Education & Experience:
- Business degree (7+ years of combined college education and work experience may be substituted for a degree).
- Minimum 5 years of experience as an administrative assistant (experience supporting executive level management).