Nociceptors are pain-sensitive nerve endings that are responsible for the headache. These nerve endings are reactive to headache-inducing factors like stress, the use of certain medications, a certain smell, and food… There are different types of headaches based on the factors responsible and the type of pain they inflict on us. At times headaches may occur on both sides of the head or the pain may be sticking onto one particular point or area.
In this article, we would be discussing different types of headaches and some of the effective remedies that will help you cure headaches that are caused by a lighter reason.
Different Types Of Headaches
There are normally 7 types of headaches. Tension headaches, sinus headaches, exertion headaches, migraines, hormone headaches, cluster headaches, and hypertension headaches. Tension headaches are also known as stress headaches as they are the result of stress and tension. Sinus headaches most commonly are caused by nasal infections.
Exerting headaches are caused by underlying issues like lack of sleep, stress…Migraines are caused by several factors like stress, loud noise, light, certain smells…Headaches that are caused by variations in hormones can be called hormone headaches. Cluster headaches are the ones that are not caused by stress or any other stimulants but their cause is still under confusion. High blood pressure can lead to hypertension headaches.
Some instant home remedies that can cure headaches are given below:
- Resting in a quiet, dark room is the simplest way by which you can reduce your headache. Light is a triggering factor for headaches in migraine patients. So resting in a quiet room, without any distractions or disturbances can help lower the headache. It would be better if you could rest there for at least 20-30 minutes.
- You can also try hot or cold techniques to reduce headaches. Keep a cloth that is soaked in ice-cold water and keep it on your head. This can naturally reduce headaches. In the same way, you can keep a heating pad or slightly heated cloth or something on the affected area and this too will work in lowering headaches. It is completely your preference whether to choose hot or cold method booth are equally effective.
- Water is a vital part of our body. Lack of hydration will affect your health and bring in more health conditions. Headaches are also caused when there is no proper hydration. So drinking an adequate amount of water can help at times.
- Lack of sleep can sometimes bring in a worse headache which can be easily treated by getting a night of good sleep. A normal human should sleep for at least 7 hours daily. Any disturbance in the sleep pattern can bring headaches which go away with proper sleep.
- Essential oils have great properties in treating headaches, boosting mood, and reducing stress. Using essential oils such as peppermint oil, lavender essential oil, or tea tree oil can calm and soothe your entire mood and this can lower your headache. This is most effective to treat headaches that are the result of stress or tension.
- Avoiding foods that are having high levels of histamine such as fermented food, citrus fruits, legumes, and alcohol… can help in reducing headaches.
- Try to avoid alcohol and other beverages when you are down with a headache. It is because alcohol being a diuretic can make you pee more frequently by acting on your kidneys. In this way, you will lose more and more water from your body which might lead your body to dehydration.
- Having a cup of coffee can also be a relief from the triggering headaches. Vasoconstrictive properties are present in Caffeine which will narrow down the blood vessels and restrict the blood flow thereby providing relief from headaches.
Also Read: GlucoTrust Reviews: Is It A Safe Option To Manage Blood Sugar?
Though headaches deliver triggering pain and can destroy our mood, most of the headaches can be easily cured with the help of some simple home remedies. Through this article, a general idea of headaches is given along with different types of headaches. Some home remedies that can help us get rid of headaches are also, mentioned.